One of the greatest Reiki healing health benefits is stress reduction and relaxation, which triggers the bodies natural healing abilities, and improves and maintains health. Reiki healing is a natural therapy that gently balances life energies and brings health and well being to the recipient.
This simple, non-invasive healing system works with the Higher Self of the Receiver to promote health and well being of the entire physical, emotional and psychic body. Therefore it is truly a system of attaining and promoting wholeness of Mind, Body and Spirit.Reiki is a specific type of subtle energy work in which healing is performed by the touch of the hands, allowing the flow of the energy from a limitless source (God Force) to the patient via the Reiki practitioner. It is extremely powerful, yet gentle energy that can be easily channelled to yourself and others, just by intention.
Reiki healing is a pure energy form. When it is combined with the sincere Desire of the Healee, who is willing to effect a cleansing within their emotional and spiritual consciousness, a total healing can occur.
Reiki is excellent for healing any physical, mental, emotional and spiritual issues of any kind and it gives wonderful results.
When we are relaxed, stress-free, we are able to restore our natural ability to heal.
Long term practice of whole-body reiki will restore the general condition of the body. It will open the energy channels and this will allow the body to deal properly and naturally with stress and build-up toxins and cope with anxiety and depression.
When a person is in good health, regular therapy will increase the bodies built-in defences. This will manifest itself as confidence and outward harmony in dealing with everyday events. The person will gain a positive outlook on life.
Reiki will also provide additional energy required to recover from illness.
A Reiki healing session can induce an extremely comfortable state of being that can bring alteration in the clients consciousness.
If used with other natural therapies (meditation, crystals, aroma therapy, Bach Flower remedies, homeopathy, etc.) Reiki will reinforce their effect.
It can be used also as complementary therapy, because Reiki is truly a complementary care. It complements and enhances the health care the patient receives in the hospital or from other health care providers.
Reiki healing complements Eastern and Western medicine and everybody can benefit from it.It is beneficial to the health of woman (even pregnant), man, children and it is also excellent to be used on animals (dogs, cats, horses), plants, water, etc.
Reiki healing energy is a tool for use at any moment, any time, any where for on-the-spot stress release, pain relief and quick energy
Not everyone trained in Reiki desires to use it as a means to make a living. But if you are thinking about setting up a Reiki practice there are some things you'll want to consider before you get started. Serving as a healer can be a very satisfying career. As a Reiki practitioner, not only will you take pride in the type of work you are doing, but you can absolutely make a difference in the quality of lives in others.
How to start a Reiki Healing Centre
1. Getting Certified as a Reiki PractitionerThere are three levels of basic training in Usui Reiki. You only need be certified in the first level of training to set up shop as a professional Reiki practitioner offering Reiki treatments to clients. You will need to be certified in all levels in order to teach classes and give Reiki attunements to students. Usui Reiki has long been established as the traditional Reiki system, but there are many different variations of Reiki that you can learn. Most of these are merely off-shoot systems from the Usui system, but not all. One system is not better than another. What is more important, is making sure that your clients are informed of your training, your skills, and your experience. Let them know upfront what types of healing treatments they can expect to receive from you.
2. Becoming Intimate with ReikiIt is best not to jump in feet first setting up a Reiki practice until you have a clear understanding of your relationship with the workings of Reiki. Begin experiencing Reiki on a personal level through self-treatments and treating family members and friends. Experiencing all the inner workings of this gentle, yet complex, healing art takes time. Reiki clears away blockages and imbalances gradually. Allow Reiki to help you get your own life in balance before taking on the task of helping others.
3. Understanding the LegalitiesYou have the paper certification proving that you have completed your Reiki training and are now qualified as a Reiki practitioner. Congratulations! Unfortunately, this piece of paper might be meaningless when it come to legally offering professional services in your area. Some U.S. states require a license to practice natural health therapies. Because Reiki is a spiritual healing art you may be required to become certified as an ordained minister. Making phone calls to the local chamber of commerce or city hall is a good way to begin your fact-finding mission. Also consider obtaining liability insurance for your protection against possible law suits. It is good business practice to ask new clients to sign an energywork and consent form. This informs them in writing that Reiki is not a substitute for seeking professional health care.
4. Choosing a Work LocationReiki sessions are being offered in hospitals, nursing homes, pain management clinics, spas, and home-based businesses. The benefit of working in a hospital, clinic, spa, or elsewhere is that appointment bookings and insurance claim filings are usually taken care of for you. Most health insurances do not reimburse for Reiki treatments, but a few do. Medicare sometimes pays for Reiki treatments if the sessions are prescribed for pain management. Practicing from a home-based office is a dream come true for many practitioners, but this convenience comes with issues to consider. Do you have a room or area within your home, separate from your normal living quarters, that could be dedicated to healing? Does the residential zone you are living in allow home businesses? There is also the safety issue of inviting strangers into your personal living space.
5. Equipment and SuppliesYou will want to invest in a sturdy massage table for your home business. If you offer to travel in order to make home-visits or give treatments in hotel rooms, a portable table will be needed. Here is a check list of equipment and supplies for your Reiki practice:
6. Advertising Your BusinessWord of mouth is a good way to get started working as a Reiki practitioner. Let your friends and relatives know that you're open for business. Have business cards printed up and distribute them freely at local bulletin boards at libraries, community colleges, natural food markets, etc. Offer introductory workshops and Reiki shares to educate your community about Reiki.
7. Setting Your FeesResearch what other Reiki practitioners and energyworkers are charging in your area for their services. You will want to be competitive. But, don't undercut yourself. You will resent the good work you are doing as a healer if you are feeling undervalued. Keep in mind that if you arrange to treat clients outside of your home you will either pay a fixed rate for a rental space or share a percentage of your session fees with your host business. Keep good records of the money you are earning. Working as an independent contractor involves being informed of your income tax and self-employment obligations.