(224). Start a Hair Wig, Extension and Hair weft Business
Learning how to start a wig business is a great way to keep up with fashion trends as well as help those who have lost their hair due to illness. Wigs are not just a costume accessory anymore; wigs are high fashion and are used openly by celebrities and non-celebrities alike. Lace wigs are typically made with real human hair and are hand-sewn to a lace backing which makes them look very natural.
What You Need to Start:
- Knowledge of wigs and how to fit them
- Inventory of wigs
- Storefront or website
- Wig displays for physical store (Styrofoam or plastic mannequin heads)
- Website for online only store
- Wig and hair accessories (wig caps, barrettes, etc.)
- Computer with finance software
- The popularity and acceptance of wigs is on the rise.
- The start-up investment is relatively low.
- Customers will pay incredibly high mark-up for top quality wigs.
- Excellent customer service will keep customers returning.
- You can run this business either online or from a physical store.
- Franchises are available to help you get started.
Are you looking to start your own home business. How about a mobile hair extension business? To go to a beauty salon and purchase hair extensions and have them put them in is a long, expensive process. To be able to call someone to come to you AND be less expensive would be a great option for customers. Here's how you can start your own mobile hair extension business.